E- business Case Study regading "the new Napster changes the music marketing mix"
Question is "Assess how Napster competes with traditional and online music providers by reviewing the approaches it uses for different elements of the marketing mix"
Approaches Used by Napster-
Napster offer user to listen million of tracks and can be downloaded very easily
All music lover can listen and download all track my just on one click and that to without moving Download Fees can be paid by credit card which made them innovative providers
Unique features are -
- Napster recommendations
- Napster Radio based around songs by particular artists
- Napster Radion play lists based on the songs you have downloaded
- Swapping play lists and recommendations with other users
- Building Brand identity by offline and online program to increase the awareness
- Doing innovation by investing in various services and technology
- Partnership with Microsoft, Dell, Toshiba for capturing market
- Napster online services are sold directly to end user through end user
- They earn cost advantage through website